Wednesday, July 25, 2018

How Was Your Weekend?

So the weather was downright nasty on the weekend. Humid, rain, cloudy, warm. That means retreat to indoors and come back stronger later right? Nah.

On Saturday my friend Sheldon (from Sportwheels) and I organized the second annual Sportwheels 65km Sportive Trail Ride. A nice safe way for riders to get a long ride in that has support along the way and a BBQ at the end. For many riders it is a great way to kick off training for the longer century rides that come in August and September. In total I rode 75km (some added support) on the St Margaret's Bay Trail, had some great chats and met some new people.



Then Sunday it was time to hit the trails to get training for my October Trail Race. I stayed close to home using the Bluff Trail system to get a 15km run in. I learned a few things about shoes on that day, which is why we train. It was also a wonderful day to just get out of the daily grind and into nature.


As I sit and drink coffee in my air conditioned office, I do think, dang, it would be great to get outside. 

No comments: